Entertainment

Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Ambode’s “Nasty” Comments

on

Ambode and Sanwo-Olu

Ambode and Sanwo-Olu

Babajide Sanwo-Olu, an All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate has made a counter-reaction to the comments made by Governor Akinwunmi Ambode in a World Press conference held in Lagos on Sunday.

Ambode, at the press conference said that Sanwo-Olu was arrested in US for spending fake dollars.

The Lagos state Governor also said:

“This particular aspirant is somebody that has been arrested for spend fake dollars in a nightclub in America, and he has been detained for months.

“He doesn’t have the competence to do what he is being propelled to do. This is somebody that has gone for rehabilitation before. The records are there at the Gbagada General Hospital. we don’t want to go too far. Our leadership should have a rethink.”

In his response, Sanwo-Olu said he would not disrespect the office of the Governor, adding that he has forgiven Ambode.

He said:

“I felt sad for Lagos as I watched Press Conference by Governor Akinwunmi Ambode. Many things he said was beneath the dignity of our people and the exalted office he now holds.

“Perhaps the tension and anxiety of the moment got the better of him.

“If given a chance at cooler reflection of what he said, I am sure he would regret his descent into such low conduct.

“In this vein, I forgive him and hope he regains his balance and proper comportment no matter the outcome of tomorrow’s contest. After all, we are both here to improve Lagos not to wrestle in its streets.”

The APC guber candidate also said that he will not launch an attack on anybody even when he is attacked.

“Let it be heard by all that I hold the people of Lagos state with great respect and affection. Their welfare is my utmost concern and it is what drives my pursuit for the governorship nomination of the APC.

“As such, I also hold the office of governor of our state in high esteem. I shall never consciously do anything that will undermine the dignity of the office nor will I engage in personal attacks against the holder of that officer.

“My pursuit of office will continue to be based upon issues that matter to Lagosians and not on attacks against someone’s character, even when he attack mine.

“For anyone to engage in unwarranted character attacks against me, reveals more about that person’s character than it says about mine,”

Denies allegations

Sanwo-Olu also debunked Ambode’s claim that he was arrested in the US for spending fake dollars.
He said:

“However, I must clear up some inaccuracies in the Governor’s statement. His allegation of that I was arrested for spending fake dollars at a night club in the United States was untrue.

“In fact, the governor knows I travelled to the United States just last month. I would not have been allowed to travel or even get a visa if I had been involved in what the Governor falsely alleged.

“That the Governor claimed I underwent some unidentified type of “rehabilitation” at the Gbagada General Hospital was also shameless and untrue.

“Promulgation of salacious rumor should not be part of the job description of a governor. This is not the stuff of high office.

“People should question whether it is ethically right for the Governor to turn what should be confidential medical information about a citizen into a weapon of political warfare?

“But for avoidance of doubt, let it be stated that I never received any treatment whatsoever at the Gbagada General Hospital.”

“Today, instead of making a convincing defense of his performance, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode sought to sow fear into the hearts of Lagosians.

“But Lagosians are an intelligent and brave people. They can see through the smoke and the fog.

“I am here not to tear my opponent down but to help build Lagos up. With me, you will hear about progress on education, health, sanitation, proper tax levels, economic development, infrastructure, jobs, public services and other things that enhance the lives of people.

“I am a serious person and this primary is a serious matter. I have not the time or inclination to attack character when there are so many real issues to address.

“We will continue to focus on the issues that matter in the lives of the people of Lagos. Lagosians want an answer to the sanitation crisis cast loss of jobs caused by Mr. Ambode’s Visionscape misadventure.

“Our people will want to know why Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode has not been able to build a single General Hospital in the State when his immediate predecessor Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) built 11 General Hospitals.

“Lagosians are waiting to hear what our solutions are. They want to know why hundreds of competent civil servants got summarily dismissed and how this has undermined public services.

“As a candidate for the party’s nomination and hopefully as your next governor, my approach will not be to sling insults but to propose solutions to the problems of the day,” Sanwo-Olu added.

Babajide Sanwo-Olu is said to be APC national leader, Bola Tinubu’s preferred candidate

About Kokohypes

Recommended for you

11 Comments

1. Like

October 20, 2018 at 8:47 am

Like!! Great article post.Really thank you! Really Cool.

2. เพิ่มไลค์เพจ

October 21, 2018 at 8:48 am

Likely I am likely to save your blog post. 🙂

3. ปั้มไลค์

October 22, 2018 at 8:48 am

Perfectly composed articles , thankyou for information. 🙂

4. retro jordans

October 25, 2018 at 11:28 am

I am glad for commenting to let you understand of the useful discovery my wife’s princess developed studying your blog. She mastered plenty of issues, which included what it is like to possess an amazing teaching nature to have the mediocre ones without hassle gain knowledge of a variety of problematic issues. You actually exceeded people’s expectations. Thanks for distributing these warm and friendly, healthy, explanatory and in addition easy tips on that topic to Sandra.

5. michael kors sale

October 26, 2018 at 5:09 am

My spouse and i have been so lucky when Emmanuel could round up his researching by way of the precious recommendations he grabbed out of your web page. It is now and again perplexing to just find yourself freely giving things which often a number of people could have been making money from. So we remember we’ve got the writer to appreciate because of that. The most important explanations you made, the simple website menu, the relationships you will make it easier to instill – it’s got everything astonishing, and it’s really facilitating our son in addition to us know that the subject is fun, which is very pressing. Many thanks for all!

6. off white clothing

October 27, 2018 at 3:45 am

I not to mention my guys happened to be examining the best helpful tips on your site and then I had an awful feeling I had not expressed respect to the site owner for those tips. All the men are already consequently thrilled to read through all of them and now have unquestionably been taking advantage of them. I appreciate you for really being really considerate and then for making a choice on this kind of incredible subject matter most people are really eager to be informed on. My very own honest regret for not expressing gratitude to sooner.

7. golden goose

October 27, 2018 at 11:14 pm

I must point out my gratitude for your generosity in support of persons that require help with in this topic. Your special dedication to getting the message all-around has been quite advantageous and has usually allowed women much like me to reach their pursuits. Your personal invaluable publication can mean so much a person like me and substantially more to my peers. Regards; from each one of us.

8. moncler jacket

October 28, 2018 at 1:07 am

I happen to be commenting to make you be aware of what a incredible encounter our daughter went through visiting the blog. She figured out such a lot of pieces, which included what it’s like to have an amazing coaching character to make folks completely have an understanding of a variety of very confusing issues. You truly surpassed people’s desires. Thanks for churning out these practical, healthy, edifying and as well as unique thoughts on your topic to Jane.

9. yeezy boost 350

October 28, 2018 at 4:25 am

I enjoy you because of each of your labor on this website. My mom takes pleasure in conducting research and it is easy to see why. Most of us know all relating to the compelling method you offer both useful and interesting information on the web blog and in addition inspire response from other individuals on that subject matter while our own princess is truly discovering a whole lot. Take pleasure in the remaining portion of the new year. You are always performing a really good job.

10. curry 5

October 28, 2018 at 9:12 pm

I enjoy you because of your whole hard work on this website. My aunt enjoys going through investigation and it is simple to grasp why. My spouse and i hear all relating to the compelling medium you present priceless tricks by means of the blog and as well welcome response from other individuals about this point so our own child is always discovering a whole lot. Enjoy the remaining portion of the new year. You have been performing a brilliant job.

11. hermes belt

October 30, 2018 at 10:02 am

I am only commenting to make you be aware of of the great encounter my girl went through visiting your web site. She learned some issues, most notably how it is like to have a great teaching nature to make other individuals with no trouble comprehend a variety of tricky subject areas. You undoubtedly did more than her desires. Thank you for imparting these important, safe, explanatory and even fun guidance on this topic to Evelyn.