LUKE SHAW’S stunning new £50million deal at Manchester United got the green light from Jose Mourinho.
The England full-back’s five-year contract has been rubber-stamped and is due to be announced on Thursday.
Mourinho sanctioned the extension — which will see Shaw, 23, pick up £190,000 a week — despite publicly blasting him last season.
As revealed by SunSport, United triggered Shaw’s one-year option to tie him down to the end of this campaign.
But he has become a key player this season, earning an England recall and United moved swiftly to get his future wrapped up, with talks starting over the weekend.
The new deal came with Mourinho’s blessing after assessing his left-back options in the summer.
Mourinho shocked United players by hauling Shaw off at half-time of last term’s defeat at Brighton, but the Old Trafford boss also said he can be one of the world’s best left-backs.
He decided to stick with Shaw, who has missed only one Premier League game this season after being concussed on England duty last month.
United pal Marouane Fellaini is expected to be fit for the trip to Chelsea on Saturday despite sitting out Belgium’s 1-1 draw with Holland on Tuesday.
His national boss Roberto Martinez said: “It’s just he wasn’t 100 per cent. We expect he should be fine in the next couple of days.”